Dr. Wethroe Kapfo
Assistant Professor & HOD
Courses taught: BSc. Biochemistry, MSc. Biochemistry and MSc. Biotechnology
Area of expertise: Phytochemistry, cancer biology
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isolation and Characterization of Bioactive Compounds from Fruits of Oxalidaceae.
- Isolation and Characterization of antibiotic producing Actinmycetes isolated from soil samples (In House Project).
- Anti- Helicobacter pylori activity and immunostimulatory effect of oligosaccharide isolated from Averrhoa carambola L. (2019). Kapfo, W., Chauhan, J.B. Asian Journal of Clinical and Pharmaceutical Research 12(2):146-152
- Proapoptotic potential of Averrhoa bilimbi extraction Ehrlich Ascites Carcinoma induced mice. (2016) Asian Journal of Clinical and Pharmaceutical Research 9(3): 348-352
- Antiangiogenic and Proapoptotic activity of Averrhoa carambola L. fruitextract on Ehrlich Ascites Carcinoma Treated mice. (2015). Jyoti Bala Chauhan · Wethroe Kapfo · Shankar Jayarama ·Kyathegowdanadoddi · S Balaji. IJABPT 6(2):246-254
- Effect of non aqueous solvent on structural stability of α-amylase: a cost-effective prospective for protein stabilization. (2013). Wethroe Kapfo, Smitha Grace S. R. Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Jay Kant Yadav, Process Biochemistry, 48, 1025- 1030
- Urea/thiourea derivatives of quinazolinone lysine conjugates: Synthesis and structure activity relationships of a new series of antimicrobials. (2011). G.P. Suresha, R. Suhas, Wethroe Kapfo, D. Channe Gowda. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 46 2530e2540
- Design and Synthesis of Heterocyclic Conjugated Peptides as Novel Antimicrobial Agents. (2009). G. P. Suresha, K. C. Prakasha , K. N. Shiva Kumara, Wethroe Kapfo, D. Channe Gowda. International Journal of Peptide Research Therapeutics 15:25–30
- Two Day National Conference of “Scientific Advancement for Sustainable Development” organized by Department of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology, MMK & SDM Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Mysuru in association with Global Association of Scientific Young Minds ® on 22nd - 23rd February, 2018.
Papers presented in Conferences/workshop/seminars
- Wethroe Kapfo and Jyoti Bala Chauhan. Antiprotein aggregation activity of bilimbi extract. RGUHS sponsored National Conference on “Challenges and opportunities for researchers and health care professionals in the management of metabolic disorders”Sharada Vilas College of Pharmacy, 7th and 8th April, 2017
- Wethroe Kapfo and Jyoti Bala Chauhan. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of exometabolite isolated from indigenous Nostoc linckia. 103rd Indian Science Congress held at University of Mysore, Mysure, 3-7 January 2016
- Wethroe Kapfo. Fecal Microbiota Treatment- Catching Up The Trend. National Workshop on Next Generation Probiotics. CFTRI, Mysuru, 2019.
- Mrudula Gore and Wethroe Kapfo. AFMEEHC, University of Mysore, 2019.
- Madhumita and Wethroe Kapfo. UV- Spectrophotometric Analysis of Anti-Protein Aggregation Potential of oligosaccharide rich Centella asiatica extract. International Confefence on “Nanotaechnology- 2019 Opportunities and Challenges” at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore, 2019
- Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Wethroe Kapfo. Phytochemical Screening and Pro- apoptotic activity of Averrhoa bilimbi in Ehrlich Ascites Tumor Cells. Seventh Indo- US Workshop on Mathematical Chemistry organized by PRIST University, India and International Society of Mathematical Chemistry at the University of Minnesota, USA. December, 2012
- • Rocket Immunoelectrophoresis at National Workshop “Advanced training in Immunotechniques”, Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre, 2014
Awards and Achivements
- UGC- CSIR NET for Lectureship in December, 2009.
- CSIR- Senior Research Fellowship (08/6/6/(0001)/2014- EMR-I), 2014-2016
- BOE member of Department of Biochemistry, University of Mysore, Mysore. 2019.
- BOE member of Department of Biochemistry, JSS Arts, Commerce and Science College, Mysore 2019.