Student Bulletin Board
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STAFF AND STUDENTS
MMK & SDM Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Mysore policies and regulations protect the rights and safeguard the interests of all the stakeholders, especially the staff and students community. The regulations cover all areas deemed essential for the maintenance of an environment conducive to carrying out all the educational goals of the college. Within the framework established in these policies, the individual is free to conduct his or her own academic and nonacademic life. However, the privileges of being free and making independent decisions, involve the acceptance of responsibility of respecting the binding rules and regulations. Therefore, the college expects the staff and students to uphold the standards of both personal and social conduct at all times when they are associated with the institution, and assume that individual decisions will be accompanied by careful consideration of the standards maintained by the college.
THE RIGHTS AND EXPECTATIONS
Students have the right and freedom of inquiry. They are expected to know and adhere to the standards of academic reach and integrity.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- 1. IDENTITY CARD for students
- a. Student shall possess an identity card with his/her photograph affixed on it, duly attested by the principal.
- b. Students shall wear the ID cards in the college campus.
- c. Students shall use ID cards while:
Borrowing books from the library.
Entering the office, classroom, laboratories etc.
Appearing for examinations.
Performing monetary transactions such as paying fees, receiving scholarships etc.
Representing the college in any events hosted by other institutions.
Availing ticket concession to travel by Bus, Rail or Air.
Using Postal and Bank services.
- 2. ACADEMIC
- a. Students are expected to be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities of the college.
- b. Students are expected to be seated in the lecture halls/seminar halls/ auditorium much before the commencement of the class or any programme.
- c. Students shall observe silence in the class, irrespective of the presence or absence of the faculty.
- d. Students shall stand up and greet when the faculty enters the class.
- e. Students shall not leave the classroom during class hours.
- f. Students shall not miss the classes under the pretexts like paying fees, taking books
from libraries etc. Time fixed for such purposes during working hours must be strictly followed.
- g. Students shall visit the library / college office / staff rooms only during the working
- 3. DRESS CODE
- a. Students shall wear clean and tidy uniform on prescribed days.
- b. Students shall avoid wearing short / sleeveless / transparent tops.
- 4. GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
- a. Representation of complaints and grievances shall be made individually to the
Grievance redressal cell either in oral or written form.
- b. The principals decision shall be the final in all matters of punishment of the students
for violation of any of the rules and regulations of the college.
- 5. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- a. Students in attending the college for the purpose of qualifying for academic credit
shall pursue that purpose with sincerity, honesty, and commitment. They shall bear in mind that, as undergraduates, their actions have a broad effect on the interests of the college, including its interests in attracting future students and members of the faculty, and accordingly that they have responsibility as members of an academic community.
- b. Students are responsible for any actions in which they may be involved which are
harmful to the welfare or property of the college or other members of the college community. When a student is charged with violation of any law in a situation in which the college is not involved, the college has no obligation to assist, but may afford to the student such assistance as appropriate and practicable.