At present, the library has a collection of 17890 books, 46 Periodicals, 456 bound volumes, 14 Newspapers and 72 CDs. The Library is automated using an in-house integrated software - Educational Enterprise Resource Planning and Management System (EERPMS).The Library module consists of Masters, Transactions, Special tasks, Circulation, OPAC, Reports.The operations done through the software are Library attendance, Information storage and retrieval, circulation, OPAC and report generation on various options. The library has a vast collection of resources to equip the faculty and students.
Best Practices of the Library
- Thought for the Day Board
- Display of quotes from famous personalities
- Best Library User Award for Students and Staff
- Recognizing students based on their library attendance
- Information Sharing Board
- Pooling information about a specified topic by students
- Paper Clipping Files
- Collection of paper clippings on Science & Technology, Education, Health
- Book Exhibitions
- To conduct book exhibitions on special occasions
- Compulsory Library Reference
- To spend a minimum of 25hours per semester in the library
- User Education/Orientation:
- To introduce the students to the library environment
- Open Access
- Free to select their required documents from the rack
- Suggestion Book
- To improve the collection development and services.
Facilities and Services
- Lending: Issue of books for a period of 10 days.
- Overnight issue facility: Issue of books for overnight
- Reference service: To assist the readers queries of quick reference with available resources
- Lending of Reference Books for 3 days: Issue of books for a period of 3 days.
- Xerox/Reprography Service: The users are allowed to take the photocopy of documents.
- New Arrivals Display Facility : Display of newly procured titles/ books.
- Lending of Question Papers: Issue of previous years' question papers to students.
- Book Bank Facility: Books are issued to economically backward students