M.M.K. & S.D.M MAHILA MAHA VIDYALAYA, MYSORE
POLICY DOCUMENT OF STUDENT GRIEVANCE-REDRESSAL CELL
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student/employee, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge of “Grievance Redressal Cell”. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the suggestion box which is kept next to office. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of the Cell.
The main objective of the Grievance Redressal Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious, educational environment in the campus.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute. A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students/employees of the Institute with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the Institute by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the Institute through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students/employees to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Advising Students/employees of the Institute to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all staff to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Director.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students/employees.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will prepare statistical reports about the number of cases received.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- Students are given awareness through circulars and notices put on the notice board regarding National Anti ragging Help line and Formation of Committees ( Anti Ragging/ Anti Woman Harassment/ Sexual Harassment )
- The existence and formation of the committee is informed to each student through College Calendar.
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in the suggestion box kept in the college premises.
- Student can also directly approach and inform the HOI regarding their grievances personally, by phone by e-mail or by snail mail.
- Student can also contact Committee members or through their respective mentors regarding their grievances.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell
COMPOSITION OF THE STUDENT GRIEVANCE-REDRESSAL CELL 2020-21
|Sl No||Name||Designation||Role||Phone No.||E-mail Id|
|1||Prof. Sainath Malligemadu||Principal||Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Smt G R Sumithra||HOD of Electronics||IQAC Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|3||Dr Vinoda||HOD of Kannada||Coordinator of Student Grievance Cellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dr Wethroe Kapfo||HOD of Biochemistry||Memberemail@example.com|
|5||Miss Suprada Jain||Assistant Professor of Commerce||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Dr Devaki K K||Assistant Professor of M Com||Memberemail@example.com|
|8||Smt H R Srinidhi||Clerk||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||Miss Meghana S||Student, II M. Com||Memberemail@example.com|
|10||Miss. Kavya Urs||Student, III B.Sc and President of Students Council-UG Section||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Miss Sherly D K||Secretary, Students Council-UG Section||Memberemail@example.com|